Thursday, October 4, 2012

Helping Out As A Class

I am so excited that we are actually getting involved in an organization that helps people in need. I don't think that we will be able to have John come to our school and speak for a few reasons. One is because it takes $6,000-$10,000 to even have come a speak to us. We also have to pay for his air travel fees and we have to house him. That is a lot of money and I know that it goes to an organization, but I  just don't think that we will be able to raise that significant amount of money. We could try to compromise with him. Maybe we could raise $1,000 and ask him for an hour of his time to Skype with him. That wouldn't be a horrible idea but we wouldn't get the real, true feel of his sufferings if he just Skyped with us. I also could not see how tall he is. Anyways, I hope that by next class we can find a great organization to sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment